Soon you will be headed to campus in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Prepare for a successful start by completing your on-campus or digital learning steps below.
Middle East/North Africa
Russia/Central Asia/Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and required documentation.
- Notify your personal Enrollment Advisor of the date and embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
We are so excited for you to join us on campus! To ensure a smooth transition to your new home, plan to arrive on or before your official move-in day. Airport pickup is available at Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport (BTR) or Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY).
For program dates, please visit the important dates page.
Make your payment in full two weeks before you arrive to avoid enrollment delays and ensure an on-time start.
Follow the instructions below to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit LSU’s flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a US credit card or US bank account.
You will need to complete and submit the following form before your arrival:
- Immunization Form: Complete this mandatory health and immunization form prior to your arrival, as required by law, and bring it with you to campus.
All incoming LSU Global students are required to submit their immigration documents prior to enrolling in classes.
You must complete the following items before being permitted to begin your classes at LSU:
- Attend mandatory orientation at LSU Global (date and time are listed in your acceptance letter from LSU Global)
- Submit completed Immunization Form to LSU Global (this must be completed, signed, and stamped by your medical doctor)
- Submit proof of health insurance to LSU Global
Bring the following documents to the LSU Global orientation:
- Original valid passport
- Original Form(s) I-20
- F-1 visa (stamped on your passport)/F-2 visa (for dependents)
- Copy of your Form I-94 (to print your Form I-94, please visit i94.cbp.dhs.gov)
Note: If you have not submitted original financial documents (no photocopies) before your I-20 was issued, you will be required to bring them with you when you attend the LSU Global orientation.